Reliable. Secure. And Built for Business.
- We store your data in the most secure physical data storage facilities available: two redundant Tier 4 data centers in Boston and Los Angeles. We also have a data center in Canada.
- We use 256-bit AES encryption to protect the privacy of your data. This encryption has never been cracked, and is used by U.S. Department of Defense.
- We transfer your encrypted data over 128-bit SSL, used by financial institutions to transfer sensitive account info in online banking.
- Private encryption allows you to control who has access to your data.
- Do you know where your data is being stored?
- Most consumer brands do not offer redundant data centers and don’t provide the level of security required. Carbonite, for example, uses one tier 3 facility.
- Consumer grade solutions use less secure encryption types such as Blowfish and DES. The encryption type is more significant than the number of bits.
- Most consumer brands do not offer a private-encryption option. That means that you are stuck with a system-generated encryption key, which your provider may also be able to access.
- We can restore your data in a fraction of the time that it would take using a consumer brand. In a test, K-Cloud performed three times faster than Mozy. Just as important, in the event of a catastrophic disaster, we will be there to bring it back.
- For restoring large amounts of data or if you don’t have Internet access, we’ll save the data to a drive and ship the drive to your location.
- With our Tier 4 data centers, we guarantee 99.995% availability, which means we can always backup and restore your files.
- Your restore process will vary among different consumer brands. In some cases, it may not even work. Google “Mozy restore” and see for yourself.
- For large amounts of data, you will have to wait a long time to retrieve it over the web. If you don't have Internet access, you may not be able to get it back at all.
- Consumer grade solutions offer different levels of availability. If you cannot access your data, you will not be able to restore it.
- The K-Cloud backup process, encryption, retention, and private encryption key make it possible to meet stringent regulatory compliance of HIPAA and FINRA for example.
- Most consumer grade solutions will not meet HIPAA, FIPS and other compliance regulations.
For Business or for Family Photos?
- Bandwidth throttling and backup scheduling options will keep your network open and your employees productive.
- Native SQL/Exchange backup capability will ensure that all of your critical business data is backed up.
- Quickly recover critical systems that manage your application settings, user permissions, profiles and more with a System State restore. K-Cloud will backup and restore your System State.
- K-Cloud will always scale to meet your business needs. Your data will always be backed up even when you exceed your plan’s capacity. We would never let a storage quota prevent the protection of your critical data.
- If you delete a file, we keep it backed up for at least [x] days so that you can get it back. After all, isn’t that the whole point of backup
- Large backups can run into normal working hours, taking up valuable bandwidth and reducing your employees’ productivity.
- Without native SQL/Exchange functionality and support, you won’t be able to protect your emails or any critical customer, financial, or accounting data that is stored in a SQL database.
- Consumer brands do not offer System State backup. If you’re not able to restore your System State from a backup, rebuilding it can take days and thousands of dollars.
- Storage limitations can prevent backups. If you go over your storage quota, your data gets left behind.
- Many consumer brands only backup 30 days of data. Your business needs may require more.